This kid in my tech class was goofing off. He has a tendency to do so. On this particular occasion, he had grabbed a stack of about ten rulers and stacked them up. He then placed the rulers on his crotch and was walking around "showing off" to everyone. The following was our conversation. Names have been changed to protect the moronic.
Me: John, what are you doing
John: Nothin'
Me: Put those down for two reasons. One, it's disgusting.
John: Ok.
Me: Two, it's completely unrealistic.
Was that too far? I hope that I judge my students well enough to know who can take a joke and who can't, but as soon as I said it, I got scared that I was going to get a phone call from a parent. Luckily, I didn't.
I'm glad some kids can take a joke!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I used the following rules at camp and find that they continue tow work for any job I have.
ReplyDelete1) Don't be a bonehead.
2) Don't be a bonehead.
3) Don't be a bonehead.
4) Don't leave evidence.
5) Don't get caught.
I don't think you broke any of these, so I think you're definitely in the clear.
-Ed