Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Antomime

I have a new strategy for 7th period. I had been writing the word "Theatre" on the board and erasing a letter every time they broke a rule. If they lost all their letters, they had to do book work.

It....kinda worked. They were a little better, but it was still a problem. They had the books out on the second day.

Today, I changed the plan. We are doing a unit on pantomime right now. I wrote the word "Pantomime" on the board, and instead of having one day to keep all their letters they have to keep it for a WEEK. If they lose all their letters, they will be learning about pantomime from the book. I think it might actually work.

I also told them that if they follow all the rules for a good chunk of time (I have to make that more concrete now that I think about it), they could earn a lost letter back.

One day and only one letter gone. So we've gone from losing seven in one day to only losing one.

Hopefully we can keep our "antomime" on the board!

No comments:

Post a Comment