It's been awhile!
To all of you loyal followers..........I mean to all 4 of you who occasionally read this blog because I posted something about it on facebook, or your video is loading and you're bored, or you are pooping with your ipad. Thanks to those people for sticking with me during this long absence.
I have been so incredibly busy with school I feel like sometimes I can't breathe. There is so much to do. Prepping for 4 different classes over 6 periods, 150 kids, grading, tutorials, pep rallies, meetings, conferences, parent phone calls, and now directing and designing the school play.
The crazy part is that I actually really still like it. I'm exhausted and annoyed and frustrated and exhausted again, but I really do enjoy it. I find myself laughing throughout the day more than I want to pull my hair out.
The thing that has kept me going the most is actually the thing that is driving me crazy. This play.
I had an idea last summer to uses some of my connections in New York to give these kids an incredible opportunity that I'm fairly certain most kids never get to experience. I decided to have Anna, a playwright friend of mine, create an original show just for my students. So my kids get to be the first people EVER to perform this play! How cool is that?!
When I see how excited and grateful they are for this opportunity, I can't help but feel guilty for being annoyed or overwhelmed by the amount of work it takes to put the show together. I get down or scared because I am doing the work of a dozen people just for the play on top of all the work for school, but every time I hear them talking about the play or wanting to call and thank Anna for the opportunity, I realize how incredibly worth it this is.
So here is to being incredibly over-worked, over-tired, and overwhelmed! Because damn if it is not so amazingly worth it.
Here is where I would write an incredibly cheesy line about "actually making a real difference," but I'd rather write a joke I think is funny. You know, at least I'll still be cheesy.
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop. He looks at the guy behind the counter and says, "Can you make me one with everything?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment