I know it happens to everyone, but when you get your first trouble student, its really hard to deal with. It's a constant battle between wanting to do your best for the kid and inspire them to learn and wanting them out of your class because of the constant disruption.
This one student is capable of ruining your lesson for everyone so is it worth it to have them in your room? I want to say "yes." I want to say I'll go all Dead Poets Society on him and change his educational life forever. I also want to say "get him the hell out of my room."
I know its only week two, but its hard to have that kind of influence in your room. It also doesn't help that when I ask other teachers how they've dealt with him in the past they give me a solemn glance, pat me on the shoulder, and say that they've tried everything and nothing has worked.
I'm doing my best to figure out how to fix the problem, but I doubt I'll have him standing on the desk shouting "O' Captain my Captain" this year.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment